Brion is a picturesque rural village on a hilltop setting (le Tertre) with Merovingian settlement origins. The 12th Century church of St Gervais is beautifully lit Church photo at night as can be seen from surrounding valley towns.
Read more about Brion
Great local bistro/bar serving midweek lunch, takeaway meals and evening meals Thursday – Saturday.
Delicious, freshly cooked pizza to order.
Enjoy the fresh bread and pâtisserie deliveries to our property
Local Shops and Eating Out:
is our lively, local market town a 5 minute drive away and an interesting place to explore. Its cultural history as an important stronghold of the Anjou dynasty is still evident in the ancient castle remains.
Today the town offers tourists:
- supermarket complex
- weekly market in the town square
- boulangeries to choose from!
- several café/bar and restaurants
- shops and boutiques
- tourist office, museum, cinema
- bank and cashpoint machines
We are a 10 minute drive from the magnificent Loire river, longest river in France, boasting a centuries long trading history and lined with orchards and vineyards and famous Châteaux.
Towns closest to us, such as Les Rosiers sur Loire, Gennes, and St. Mathurin offer:
- pretty river walks and Loire tourist cycle paths
- canoeing and kayaking
- riverside cafés and restaurants
- weekly markets and shopping
- picnicking on ‘Robinson Crusoe’ style sand dunes
- and islands.