Le Pressoir: 3 bedroom gîte, sleeping up to 6 plus cot.
- King bedroom with en-suite bathroom room (bath with shower) and w.c.
- Double bedroom with en-suite showroom and w.c.
- Twin bedroom (2 single beds) with en-suite shower room and w.c. (and black out blinds)
- Stairs to first floor with fitted stair gates (top and bottom).
- Travel cot, highchair, child seat, baby bath, changing mat, potty, bed guard and step up.
- Sun terrace with table and chairs for 6 and parasol.
- Hairdryers in all bedrooms.
First Floor Open Plan Living Area:
- Fully equipped kitchen: electric oven, gas hob, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, fridge/freezer.
- Dining table for 6 persons (plus highchair).
- 2 large comfy sofas, flat screen TV (English freesat channels & French digital TV).
- WiFi (complimentary), DVD, HiFi, Ipod connection.
- Toys and books (plus a library of DVD films and board games available).
- Oak terrace with table and chairs, parasol and loungers.
- Weber kettle barbecue
General Guest Amenities:
- Private parking
- Fully equipped laundry (washing machines, airers, sinks, ironing board and drying lines in garden).
- Heated pool, securely fenced with sum umbrellas and loungers. Pool towels available for hire.
- Children’s play area with swings, slide, wendy house, football goals. Tree house.
- Table tennis , boule and other outdoor games.
- Library of DVD films, books and board games.
Le Pressoir is our prestige self-contained family gîte, accommodating up to 6 people in 3 spacious bedrooms. It is the estate’s former wine pressing house and a splendid historic building with unique features, sympathetically refurbished to a high standard. The building itself is nestled amongst mature trees, and features a ancient wine cave that centuries ago, led all the way to the village church, so it is said!
In keeping with its unique character, Le Pressoir has an unusual interior design, with open plan living area on the first floor and bedrooms located on the ground floor. This layout offers guests the dual advantage of wonderfully ambient bedrooms in the heat of the Summer (thanks to the Tuffeau stone walls) and stunning views of the Loire Valley from the elevated, oak sun terrace, adjoining the upstairs dining area.
Providing complete seclusion, this child-safe sun deck is equipped with outdoor dining furniture and overlooks the pool and gardens beyond; perfect for leisurely mealtimes and for watching the glorious sunsets over the Valley.
The open-plan living area features a restful lounge area at one end, providing all home comforts (see features list) to ensure you have everything you need to relax indoors. The kitchen and dining area is fully equipped with high quality appliances and well organised for cooking and dining. Natural light floods into the whole floor space by way of a unique glazed tower above the roof.
All of the bedrooms feature exposed tuffeau stonework and stained glass windows. The bedrooms have been tastefully and comfortably furnished with French period furniture in keeping with the character and age of the building.